[GNC] Using Plaid

Steve Brown sbrown at opensat.com
Fri Mar 3 05:18:50 EST 2023

I've been using ofxget to download statements from Fidelity, Wells
Fargo and Truist for the last several months. I made a few changes so
it writes to a file that I import to Gnucash.

The ofxtools package also has support for creating billpay aggregates
however, nothing is implemented in ofxget. I added it. I've
successfully exported vendor and payment info from Gnucash and used the
modified ofxget to send billpay requests to Truist. This is really just
a very rough prototype to help me understand the issues. But, the
checks do get mailed.

BTW: "ofxget prof vanguard" shows a functioning OFX server. I'd suspect
that with the proper credentials, ofxget would happily download
statements.

Steve