[GNC] credit account negative balance increases with payment

Custom Shots customshots at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 12:17:40 EST 2023

I'm going to answer your questions one by one but for clarification, I've
been using GC for years. I always balance my accounts monthly. GC has
always performed flawlessly. Yes, I have made mistakes now and again and I
resolved them with adjusting transactions.

I don't remember when I opened the accounts. I balance accounts monthly so
this is new.

No, I did not err in opening the account. I charge things and pay the bill
entirely every month. It has always been accurate. Balancing a checkbook is
easy for me to do and that side of the transactions is correct. It is only
in this one credit card account that I"m having problems. A charge
increases the balance owed. A payment increases the balance owed. I don't
understand how that can happen.

My computer recently automatically upgraded the OS to Ubuntu 22.04.2 and
Linux kernel to 5.19.0-35. I may be grasping at straws here but could that
be the problem? I may have been working in GC at the time of the upgrade.

I would see a positive number in the payment in the column and then a
larger balance due, a negative number in the balance column.