[GNC] credit account negative balance increases with payment

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Mar 6 13:12:07 EST 2023

As I noted above, with the 'Reverse Balance' preference set to Credit
Accounts, a balance due on a Liability will show as positive. Negative
will only display if you've overpaid. (a 'contra-balance' condition)

Payments therefore would make a Liability balance more negative (away
from zero).

If charges do the same, your charges are backwards. They belong in the
right (not left) column.

If it helps, turn on formal accounting labels.

Payments should be in the Debit column (left)
Charges in the Credit column (right)

If you've been putting charges in the left column for years, then your
expense accounts are also backwards - for years.

Regards,
Adrien