[GNC] Building Gnucash on Fedora 37 - "No package 'glib-2.0' found" error

Vivek Gani vivekgani at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 17:52:52 EST 2023

Hi,

I'm trying to build gnucash from source (rather than the rpm package or
flatpak for python bindings) on Linux (Fedora 37) and keep running into an
issue where on build I get the error:

```
-- Checking for module 'glib-2.0>=2.56.1'
--   No package 'glib-2.0' found
```

What I've tried so far:
- I've installed glib2.0-devel via `sudo dnf install glib2-devel`
- I've checked via `yum provides */glib2.0.pc` which shows it is in the
`/usr/lib64/pkgconfig` directory.
- I've checked the contents of `echo $PKG_CONFIG_PATH` which shows
directories like `/usr/lib64/pkgconfig` are listed.
- I've tried building gnucash with various different arguments, but similar
to the directions in
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/CMake#GnuCash_Configuration_Variables &
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Building_On_Linux#Build_using_CMake_and_Ninja
I've tried in my build directory:
`cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$HOME/opt
-DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=$PKG_CONFIG_PATH  -DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=on
../gnucash-4.13`

and get the glib error. It happens also without the CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH, just
running plain `cmake .` in the gnucash source directory, etc.

Any idea what I'm missing to get things to build?

Thanks in advance,
Vivek