[GNC] Schedule transaction for 2 Wednesday?

R Losey rlosey at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 11:55:38 EST 2023

Not necessarily; at my job, I had meetings on the first Thursday of each
month, and then the following Wednesday, and then the following Tuesday.
We never found any scheduling program that would allow it, but I did work
out a way to do it that did not involve conditions, per se.

The earliest the second Thursday can be is the 8th and the latest is the
14th, so if you want the Friday after the second Thursday, you just want
"day is Friday AND the day number is between 9 and 15".

But I've not found a schedule that can handle that.

Another way to handle that case would be to link it; create a dummy event
on the second Thursday, and then have the Friday event be scheduled in a
linked manner: it is one day after the dummy event. This would have worked
out well for our work meetings above; the first one was always on the first
Thursday; the second was always six days after that; and the third was
always six days after the second meeting. I think implementing this
'linking' or 'relative' solution would be more difficult than the first
option above.

On Sat, Mar 11, 2023 at 10:11 AM Michael or Penny Novack <
stepbystepfarm at comcast.net> wrote:

> >> On 11 Mar 2023, at 2:09 am, David Carlson <david.carlson.417 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> We must be having fun by now!  The only schedule that I have not been
> able
> >> to implement correctly every single time is the Friday after the second
> >> Thursday of the month, but then I really don't expect to get that one
> >> right.🙂
>
> That requires a CONDITIONAL rule (If 1st of month is Friday, third
> Friday; else second Friday)   The rule doesn't have to reference
> Thursday even though part of the human reasoning. And of course logic to
> determine when the 1st of a particular month will be a Friday, a
> function of year. So you ca think of this rule as a function of year.
>
> Michael D Novack
>
> --
Richard Losey
rlosey at gmail.com