[GNC] new user woes

Jamie Tolbert jtolbert at zoominternet.net
Sat Mar 11 13:23:20 EST 2023

Still having trouble wrapping my head around my issue(s). I tried the
tutorial under HELP, is there a better new user guide?

Started a new property rental business, and for now, am on a cash basis,
Originally , I thought I would just pay each bill, and credit owner
equity and debit the bill, but that seems very cumbersome and confusing,
so before I get into the actual upcoming rental season, I thought I
would credit owner equity, lets say 500.00 and debit petty cash. and
then pay the bills out of petty cash......but I cant get that initial
transaction correct, I tried the TRANSFER button on the toolbar, and I
end up with 1000.00 in owner equity instead of 500.00........what would
be the best way to do this?