[GNC] Help with downloading transactions.

Gyle McCollam gmccollam at live.com
Thu Mar 16 11:38:25 EDT 2023

You really should try to download and import transactions.  It is a rather simple process and you can choose to reconcile during the import function.  Most financial institutions allow you to download transactions, either from a date range or statement period.  There are some slight differences, but most allow OFX/QFX or CSV file types.  If you input the transactions yourself, it will attempt to match the import transactions to the ones you entered, usually I don't have to change anything but the choice between (a)dd, (u+c) (update + clear), or (c)lear.  If you don't enter the transactions yourself the import function will allow you to choose the other side of the double entry (other account).  You can select to see the matching account and whether you wish to reconcile after matching.  This basically does the reconciliation for you.  Take the time to try it with one account, a one with few transactions.  Once you do that i promise you will never go back to the "old" manual reconciliation method!

Thank You,

Gyle McCollam

Gyle McCollam

gmccollam at live.com<mailto:gmccollam at gyleshomes.com>           email