[GNC] Help with downloading transactions.

Gyle McCollam gmccollam at live.com
Fri Mar 17 12:10:28 EDT 2023

Liz,
I agree.  It seems like and I could be/probably am wrong that you thought I was advocating for user to download the transactions instead of entering them.  That is not the case.  Gnucash is great because it lets you handle it the way you want.  In fact, you have the ability to handle some accounts with one method (M) and other accounts (K).  I actually am more in the (M) group for the reasons Michael D Novack explained in his response.  The only transaction I let the download import initially is the interest received at the end statement period.  If an account has less than a handful of transactions I manually reconcile, but if more, I import and match.  As I said, that is the beauty of Gnucash, it lets you use different methods

Thank You,

Gyle McCollam

Gyle McCollam

gmccollam at live.com<mailto:gmccollam at gyleshomes.com>           email