[GNC] Gnucash 4.9.x fails to open

G R Hewitt hewittgr at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 10:21:42 EDT 2023

Greetings fellow users.

I wanted to try out the latest - though unstable - versions.

Downloaded and installed OK and I get the splash screen then it all
disappears.
Thinking it was my ageing MacPro mid 2010 running High Sierra I loaded it
on my 2017 iMac running Ventura, with the same results.

The crash report, relevant part said:
-
System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason:    DYLD, [0x4] Symbol missing

Dyld Error Message:
  Symbol not found: _aligned_alloc
  Referenced from:
/Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/lib/libgnc-app-utils.dylib
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
-
Any suggestions welcome, thanks in advance.