[GNC] gnucash-user Digest, Vol 240, Issue 44

Kalpesh Patel kalpesh.patel at usa.net
Mon Mar 20 17:22:03 EDT 2023

Just like other three major credit bureaus, ChexSystems does NOT charge for
lifting security freezes on temporary basis as of this writing. Not able to
charge fee for security freeze I believe is part of the US law. Be careful
though as these bureaus also tout similar but very different beast creation
of their own called credit lock, which does not have the backing of US laws
or its regulations as does the security freeze.

If you plan to place a security freeze on three main credit bureaus in the
US than recommendation is to extend to Innovis
(https://www.innovis.com/personal/securityFreeze) as part of that security
regime. They also do not charge for lifting security freeze on temporary
basis.

This write up from Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
(https://files.consumerfinance.gov/f/documents/cfpb_consumer-reporting-compa
nies-list.pdf) has a comprehensive list and links for such needs if you want
to explore and become educated in this realm.

Message: 4