[GNC] Finance Quote problem MacOS High Sierra.

Murugan Muruganandam m.muruganandam at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 21 11:17:38 EDT 2023

I fired up my old macbook pro and installed the Finance quote 1.54

  1.  i go the same issue of 1 EUR = <unknown> USD gnc-fq-dump currency EUR USD
  2.  Since i run on windows i tried the same command in Windows and it brought back 1 EUR = 1.0779347 USD. (by the way i saw a comment on windows, i have been using it for years and it works for me)
  3.   I checked using gnc-fq-dump  yahoo_json USDEUR=X and got the exact result
  4.  gnc-fq-dump  yahoo_json EURUSD=X
Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
    symbol: EURUSD=X             <=== required
      date: 03/21/2023           <=== recommended
  currency: USD                  <=== required
      last: 1.0779347            <=\

i checked if alphavantage was able to get me stock quote in Macbook and voila it worked perfectly

gnc-fq-dump alphavantage IBM
Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
    symbol: IBM                  <=== required
      date: 03/20/2023           <=== recommended
  currency: USD                  <=== required
      last: 125.9400             <=\
       nav:                      <=== one of these

so looks like the issue is particular to currency rates in mac.  I will raise a bug report

Saludos Cordiales

Murugan