[GNC] Finance Quote problem MacOS High Sierra.

Bruce Schuck bschuck at asgard-systems.com
Thu Mar 23 22:33:40 EDT 2023

On 03/23/23 9:21 PM, Bruce Schuck wrote:

What versions of those modules are on the 10.13 OS you have access to?

Can you update Module::Load and test again?

Perl does have two modules, Devel::Trace and Devel::DumpTrace.

I think the output of Devel::Trace may be more useful.

"perl -d:Trace
/Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/bin/gnc-fq-dump -v currency
EUR USD 2>/tmp/foobar"

It creates a fairly large file, over 300k lines on my Catalina system
where it is working. Starting on line 246638 I see the call to autoload
and subsequent perl lines executed.

Just starting it as "perl -d /Applications/..." runs the script in a
sort of gdb like environment. But I've always debugged using prints to
stdout or Smart::Comments.

So if you or whoever is having issues on a High Sierra OS can install
install Devel::Trace and provide me the output (I checked mine, my
ALPHAVANTAGE API key is not exposed, but double check your output), I
can maybe compare.

Thanks again.

- Bruce S.