[GNC] Error in "Close Book" help text

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Fri Mar 24 19:30:00 EDT 2023

On 3/24/2023 5:48 PM, Adrien Monteleone wrote:
> When you first click 'New' or 'File a Bug', you get the option to
> select Documentation. (see screenshot) I'm not sure if you can move it
> after filing, but if not, one of the devs can do that for you.

Care should be used in defining this bug. The documentation change
should make it clear that this refers to closing the books using the
built in clod=se the books tool.

As opposed to the logical/bookkeeping process "close the books" itself
(possibly done without the tool, in other words, "manually". THOSE
transactions would probably not be recognized as special. In which case
would still need to be careful to run the Income Statement/P&L/Statement
of Revenues and Expenses (the different names refer to how different
types of entities know this report) BEFORE closing the books.

If LITERALLY modelling the old way, would have closed to a special
account with a name like P&L and then THAT closed to equity by the net
profit of loss that brings it to zero.

Michael D Novack