[GNC] Error message when opening file in 5.0

figures.dc at outlook.com figures.dc at outlook.com
Mon Mar 27 17:14:13 EDT 2023

I have been using Gnucash for many years now, latest version 4.14
I successfully installed version 5.0 but when I attempt to open my main account file I get the error message “User specified a ‘book currency’; cost of other currencies/commodities tracked in terms of book-currency (requires at least Gnucash 2.7.0)”
As I said, I am currently using version 4.14 with no issues. I admit the account file I am using dates back many years, but I have been updating Gnucash regularly over the years.
Is there a way to isolate and eliminate this error message?
Thanks very much for an excellent program.