[GNC] Any performance improvement in GnuCash 5.x?

R Losey rlosey at gmail.com
Tue May 2 12:16:59 EDT 2023

I have much less data -- about 6.5 years, but I don't have any slowness
like you report. The "slowest" part is when the auto-save kicks in. I'm
also using the file and not a database to store the data. I understand that
if you use the database, each transaction is saved as it is entered.

I'm also wondering if the new drop-down for transaction descriptions may be
slowing down the system, as it may have to search over the entire
database... but you said menu items... I've never seen such slowdowns,
either on Windows, Mac, or Linux... (I'm running Gnucash 4.18 on Linux, and
5.1 on Windows and iMac). All of these are relatively new operating
systems... at Windows 10, the Windows machine is the oldest.