[GNC] Transaction Report Advance Portfolio - Options - Account List

Martin Booth mdj.booth at yahoo.co.uk
Sun May 7 04:17:14 EDT 2023

I am running GNUCash - 5.1 flatpak on debian 11.I have been using GC for 15years now and the Advance Portfolio report does not list all the COA or highlight the selected accounts the report is based on unlike earlier versions > 4.xx. This also applies to the investment portfolio report

Selecting Reports>>Assets & Liabilities>>Advance Portfolio>> report runs fine
I want to change this report so that I can run the report from each investment broker selected from COA.

Selecting Reports>>Advance Portfolio>>options>>accounts
It fails to list all the COA, it only lists Assets and the sub accounts under this e.g. fixed assets and current assets and I have retirement assets but not list my investment assets .
It also does not list which accounts the report is based on and it fails to show equity, expenses or liabilities as previous versions of GC.
Therefore I cannot select/filter the report by investment broker as previous GC versions.
I ran my report on GC 4.13 and I can create and amend the report with all COA listed in the default Advanced Portfolio options (GC 4.13 running my VM), but the current release 5.1 does not show all the accounts and it cannot be modified.

I believe this will apply to other users so I will submit a bug report.
thanks,Martin