[GNC] corporate profit tax ........... where to put

Karl May karl.may0 at freenet.de
Mon May 8 19:17:52 EDT 2023

Hi.

Thanks a lot for the response.

My misconception comes probably from looking at book keeping and GnuCash
through continental European eyes.

That is, putting corporate profit tax through an expense account, as suggested
by John and Jim, while working out in terms transactions if the expense
account is omitted from profit and loss, is an absolute no-no.

Further, since the company has an initial equity of $1, and equity is reported
only by closing the books or running a report, having a total negative number
in equity (in the account frame, not the report) due to a liability:equity
swap just "hurts the eye".

Cheers