[GNC] Security pricing sources

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Thu May 11 18:17:13 EDT 2023

Kalpesh,

I cannot speak to your specific question, but I can report that I am
running GnuCash 4.8 in Ubuntu 22.04, and I was able to successfully find
and edit the YahooJSON.pm file (as root) per Bruce Schuck's instructions in
the "...throwing unauthorized error" thread of this maillist.  Doing that
restores functionality of the Finance:Quote module within GnuCash.

On Thu, May 11, 2023 at 5:02 PM Kalpesh Patel <kalpesh.patel at usa.net> wrote:

> As most of you know yahoo_json has gone broken which IMHO was really the
> only free source for people like me who just needed end-of-day prices.
> While
> I've gotten around to it with able to gather the data via custom Python
> script and import it in, I like to directly integrate and interface with
> the
> GNC to pull prices from the web scraping Yahoo. I noticed that there is not
> a "custom" source I can specify for price download, in additional to many
> of
> them greyed out (Vanguard source would have been great as quite a number of
> mutual funds I track are with them).  So two question, how easy is it for
> someone who is somewhat familiar with programming to directly wire-up and
> interface with it and how can the greyed out sources be enabled? I am on
> Windows 11 with 4.14 GNC but willing to tackle on 5.x version.
>

> Thanks.

David Carlson