[GNC] Security pricing sources

Murugan Muruganandam m.muruganandam at hotmail.com
Thu May 11 21:27:23 EDT 2023

hi Kalpesh

Yahoo JSON is still working in V6 (refer my earlier email)

if you want to custom build a source, it is very much possible. please follow the steps below

Create your own code and name it appropriately (eg yahooscrap.pm)

  1.  Place the  file yahooscrap.pm inside the  following folder

Linux depends on the way it was installed: by package manager:

 /usr/share/perl5/[vendor/]Finance/Quote by CPAN or gnc-fq-update: /usr/share/perl5/site/Finance/Quote self compiled: /usr/local/share/perl/5.xx.x/Finance

Windows:

C:\Strawberry\perl\site\lib\Finance\Quote

macOS: /Library/Perl/5.xx/Finance/Quote where xx depends on the version of perl in use when you installed Finance::Quote. macOS upgrades may require reinstallation of Finance::Quote because older version directories are not included in @INC.

  1.  To make your file accessible following file needs to be edited to include the line "yahooscrap"

Windows: C:\Strawberry\perl\site\lib\Finance\Quote.pm

add yahooscrap inside the modules block

@MODULES =

Now go to security editor and use unknown as type of quote source and yahooscrap will be visible to be picked up. Save and now run the get quote

Saludos Cordiales

Murugan