[GNC] What's the actual usage of "Default Chargeback Project"?

BrianHsu brianhsu.hsu at gmail.com
Sat May 13 11:25:03 EDT 2023

Hi,

I'm trying to understand of the "Default Chargeback Project" field
when creating a bill or an expense voucher from the Business module.

>From the online manual
(https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v5/C/gnucash-manual/busnss-ap-bills1.html),
it I understand it correctly, it should be something like that:

1. I have a "Project XYZ" for "Customer A".
2. I outsourced some programming job of "Project XZY" to "Vendor B"
3. I created a bill for "Vendor B", as they charged me USD $1000
4. In the that bill, I would record that the "Default Chargeback
Project" is "Customer A" / "Project XYZ". So I know that this cost is
for support that project.

If that's the case, I'm wondering where exactly these two field will be used?

It seems that I couldn't find any usage of these two field, except
when I create / edit a bill or an expense voucher.

--
Best regards,

許洛豪(Brian Hsu)