[GNC] Tax report options

Ken Farley farleykj at gmail.com
Sun May 14 10:24:30 EDT 2023

Form 1116 has cost me at least a couple of iterations of filing my taxes
in the past. It would be nice if something told me I needed it...but
unless I was paying taxes to a foreign nation directly, meaning a
transaction occurs in one of my accounts, I don't see how I would have
it included in this report. Dividends I get, interest received, capital
gains, etc. These are all entries into my ledgers that the report can be
told to use. The taxes paid that are useful for the Form 1116 tax credit
are only known to me when I get my 1099 Forms from my investment
brokerage. I have absolutely no idea what they will be until I see that
entry in the form. So, I don't understand how the tax report in Gnucash
would be able to supply you with this information?