[GNC] [GNC-dev] Finance::Quote on Mac M1 OSX Ventura

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed May 17 22:02:42 EDT 2023

> On May 17, 2023, at 15:31, Bruce Schuck <bschuck at asgard-systems.com> wrote:
>
> While testing an install of Finance::Quote on a somewhat fresh out of the box MacBook Pro running Ventura 13.3.1, some issues with the bundled Perl were discovered.
>
> At first I thought it may have been prerequisites not properly defined for DateTime::Locale, but a deeper analysis showed that the bundled Perl has modules such as Test2::Plugin::Warnings with dependencies on modules that are *not* part of the OS packaged Perl bundle.
>
> See https://github.com/houseabsolute/DateTime-Locale/issues/36 for the thread between myself and the module's maintainer.

Bruce,

That's interesting, but running your test from the end of that GitHub issue I get:
```
$ Hector:/Users/john> perl -MTest2::Plugin::NoWarnings -e 'print "$Test2::Plugin::NoWarnings::VERSION\n"'
0.09
$ Hector:/Users/john> perl -MTest2 -e 'print "$Test2::VERSION\n"'
1.302193
```
DateTime::Locale also installs without error including passing all of its tests. Mind, I've had F::Q installed on it for a while.

I'm running the current 13.4 developer beta.

Regards,
John Ralls