[GNC] report cutoffs - Trial Balance opening date

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Fri May 19 07:49:58 EDT 2023

In the pen & paper days, the Trial Balance would effectively *appear* to
be for just the current period (year) but that is only because Income &
Expense accounts would be closed to Equity in prior years. (retained
earnings, e.g.)

With GnuCash, you don't have to zero these accounts as it can do the
math for reports properly without such a step.

The end result however is the same.

If it isn't then you quite likely have an error you need to track down.

Regards,
Adrien