[GNC] Gnucash 5.1 Online Quotes not working

Thornefamilytrust at bigpond.com Thornefamilytrust at bigpond.com
Mon May 22 21:21:43 EDT 2023

Hi,

I have re-tried by installing Gnucash v5.1 on my Win 10 machine to get
online quotes to work.

Upgraded from 4.XX to 5.1 uninstalled Strawberry and ran the "Install Online
Price retrieval" tool for Gnucash. This reinstalled Strawberry Perl , F:Q
etc

but all I get when clicking Get Quotes within Gnucash is the Perl window
opens and seems to do something for a while 30-60 sec then the Perl wind
closes without any errors - the quotes have not been updated.

System:

Win 10

Gnucash 5.1

F:Q 1.55

Re-running "Install Online Price retrieval" tool for Gnucash produces the
following

*Check Perl

* Check Perl version

* Install required perl modules

Database was generated on Mon, 22 May 2023 03:35:21 GMT

Test2 is up to date (1.302195).

Finance::Quote is up to date (1.55).

JSON::Parse is up to date (0.62).

* Check environment variable ALPHAVANTAGE_API_KEY

  ***

  *** You need an API key (from https://www.alphavantage.co)

  ***   to run the Perl module Finance::Quote.

  ***

  *** Make it available to GnuCash by

  ***    - setting the environment variable ALPHAVANTAGE_API_KEY or

  ***    - starting GnuCash and adding the Alpha Vantage api key in

  ***        Edit->Preferences->Online Quotes

  ***

* Installation succeeded

Press any key to continue . . .

I have set the Alphavantage Key in Gnucash and can see it in preferences.

Not sure what to do to get this working - please assist.

Regards

Kevin