[GNC] Gnucash 5.1 Online Quotes not working

Carsten Hütter Carsten.Huetter at gmx.de
Wed May 24 11:50:29 EDT 2023

Am 24.05.2023 um 11:46 schrieb David H:
> [...]
>
> On another note it for anyone else reading this it seems Yahoo have turned
> off access to the version 6 api as I am now getting a HTTP Response 404
> (Not Found) error when trying to use it and have had to revert my
> YahooJSON.pm module to use v7 which gives an unauthorised error.

Yahoo now wants the user to be authorized before getting any information
via API. So the Yahoo script needs to be modified to pass OAuth 2.0
credentials to Yahoo. Otherwise it won't be of any use in the future.

    https://developer.yahoo.com/sign-in-with-yahoo/#python-step-one

Unfortunately, that's beyond my expertise.

Probably we need a separate thread for this issue.