[GNC] reporting currency

David Long davidvernonlong at gmail.com
Thu May 25 05:29:04 EDT 2023

I have been using GnuCash on a laptop which became problematic, so I
installed it on a new laptop. Its so happened that I bought that laptop,
whilst in the UK, whereas the business I am using it for is in Malaysia,
where the currency is Malaysian MYR.
All the historic data is MYR. However, when I installed Gnucash, it seemed
to have defaulted to British Pounds as the local currency. So now the
reporting does not work, as it tries to report in Pounds.

I have tried to change the local currency in Preferences, wherever I can
find it, but I cannot change the local currency as it is greyed out.

What can I do?I am thinking I should reinstall GnuCash.

Thanks

David Long