[GNC] Reconciliation with a strange opening balance

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 11:42:41 EST 2023

One of several complications that you can run into when searching for a
reconciliation error by using the reconciliation tool is that GnuCash
leaves all previously reconciled split lines assigned to the target account
reconciled.  Thus if there are reconciled split lines dated after the
reconciliation date, they remain reconciled during your search and will be
included in the beginning balance calculation.

Recent releases of GnuCash do include a reconciliation report, but I have
never used it, so I cannot say how useful it might be in a search for
errors.

On Mon, Nov 13, 2023 at 9:41 AM Maf. King <maf at chilwell.net> wrote:

> On Monday, 13 November 2023 15:20:28 GMT Mahon Finbar via gnucash-user
> wrote:
>

> > I set off to see where, but, in the course of my search, I tried to find
> > the number 10,443.43 in the account, as a baseline, but didn't find one.
> >
> > If I understand the process of reconciliation the number should be
> > somewhere in the account, should it not??
> >

> or possibly ~5221.70 as a CR when it should be a DR (etc). or several
> smaller
> errors which total the ~10k discrepancy you are seeing....
>
> Maf.

David Carlson