[GNC] Trail balance Imbalance / multi-currency transaction

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Sun Nov 19 10:38:40 EST 2023

Perhaps easier/more usual:

Create a special accounts for rounding/bank errors* to hold the
discrepancies either permanently or temporarily* (in the case of bank
errors). Then your books will be in balance.

Michael D Novack

* LOL, once one of my non-profits had a small bank error. It would have
been in the bank's favor. But instead of immediately correcting it when
I brought it to the bank manager's attention, she decided there was no
POLICY in place in the case of non-profits (correct, or treat as a
donation to the non-profit). It took many  months to get on the bank's
BOD agenda << this is a local bank, donates significantly to local
non-profits >>

By "temporary" I mean that when a bank errors account is not in use
(zero balance) I can be hidden.