[GNC] Have I got my USD accounts set up wrong?

Alan Hopkins hoppo52 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 22:47:38 EST 2023

   Hello David
   We receive and pay for a multitude of currencies.  This made life
   complicated for a small business so we decided to use a FX service - we
   use OFX because we managed to get to them in their early days and were
   offered a special continuing deal.
   However, there are quite a few others too - TransferWise (now just
   called Wise) were probably the initiators in this area.
   The way it works is that we tell them what we need to pay in FX, we pay
   in our local currency and the bill is paid to the supplier in their
   currency.  On the receipt side, the client pays into a bank account
   local to them, the OFX service notifies us of the receipt, and then we
   can either convert to our local currency immediately or at some time
   over the next 2 months when we wish - this has an advantage (generally)
   in being able to get a more favourable exchange rate and thus a better
   return.
   The service costs less than banks - they provide a better exchange rate
   and have lower fees - and our accounts are all in local currency.  We
   just adjust our invoices/bills according to the rate received/paid.
   Easy peasy.
   I'm not sure that will help you but it just might!
   Cheers
   Hop