[GNC] Transaction inconsistency when deleting account

Mark mrpenner at mailbox.org
Tue Sep 5 11:36:12 EDT 2023

Sep 5, 2023 10:18:53 Gyle McCollam <gmccollam at live.com>:

> No Mark, it is not a bug.  If you made credit card purchases and subsequent payments to that card, those transactions have already been made and if you were to delete an account and the transaction within, it would be the same as if the transactions had never happened and they did.  Gnucash, offering to move them to another account is the only way not to screw up all the account affected by the account you are deleting.

I'm not the OP that wanted to mass delete transactions. What I was referring to as possibly a bug was what Maf. King said that choosing "delete all transactions" when deleting an account effectively moves them to Imbalance. If that is what that option is supposed to do, it would probably be good to make that clearer in the dialog box. Sorry I didn't word that clearly.