[GNC] Finding my company data

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Sep 19 13:44:41 EDT 2023

Dick,

To reply to the list, simply use the reply-all button of your mail
client app. If your client has a reply-list button, use that instead.
Otherwise, set the 'To:' header of your reply to the list address:

gnucash-user at gnucash.org

----
As to your Saved Report issue, the name of the file these are stored in
changed from v2.6.x

See the Wiki concerning 'Configuration locations' (do a search on the
wiki for that phrase) and there you will find detailed information about
where GnuCash configuration and preference files are stored depending on
your operating system. (and GnuCash version)

You are presently interested in:

saved-reports-x.y

This used to match the version number, so the existing file is most
likely named:

saved-reports-2.6

Simply rename it:

saved-reports-2.8

Relaunch GnuCash and you should find them as expected.

(2.8 was supposed to be the next major version after the 2.6 series, but
the numbering was changed, and the jump made to 3.0, and we are now
about to get 5.4, and yet, this file is stuck on "2.8". I suspect this
has something to do with the underlying report system requirements, but
I am not certain as to why, and at least no one has had to keep changing
this file name with each version since that change.)

----
2.6.x certainly had an auto-save preference and I too had mine set to 5
minutes. (I think that was the default) I've since switched to using the
sqlite backend, and now I get instant saves.

Regards,
Adrien