[GNC] No longer able to import OFX

Mike St. Germaine mstgermaine at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 10:15:48 EDT 2023

Hello,
At some point earlier in the year I started receiving the attached
message when attempting to import an OFX from Citizens bank (the
message is "found 1 previously imported transactions, no new
transactions" -- the number always matches the number of transactions
i'm trying to import). These are transactions that have definitely not
been imported before. I've been manually entering all transactions for
a while now and that's getting pretty old.
This change seemed to coincide with a major change the bank made to
their website though that could very well be a coincidence.
If I create a new Gnucash file and import the OFX, it works just fine.
It just won't allow me to import to the file I've been using for the
past year or so. Also worth mentioning I'm still able to import OFX
files from other banks with no issue.
I deleted the account assignment through the import map editor but
that didn't work either. It did ask for a new account assignment when
importing but then I just received the same message described above.
Thank you.
Mike S.