[GNC] Gnu Cash stopped working 2 days ago.

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Sep 24 13:45:51 EDT 2023

log.conf is not necessary to generate trace files. If it was GnuCash would automatically create a default.

David may still be misled by the typos in my earlier message. Ken Farley corrected them. The tracefile can be found via Terminal with $TMPDIR/gnucash.trace. One can redirect it to somewhere else with the --logto option, e.g.

  /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/Gnucash --logto $HOME/gnucash_errors

will write it to a file named "gnucash_errors" in the user's home directory.

The original error message David posted,

> (process:46072): gnc.gui-WARNING **: 20:54:04.010: [mac_set_languages()] Language list: en:en_GB:C
> Backtrace:
>           3 (apply-smob/1 #<catch-closure 12de8dda0>)
> In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
>   2312:4  2 (save-module-excursion #<procedure 13124d5e0 at ice-9/e…>)
> In ice-9/eval-string.scm:
>     36:6  1 (read-and-eval #<input: string 1312371c0> #:lang _)
> In unknown file:
>           0 (read #<input: string 1312371c0>)
>
> ERROR: In procedure read:
> In procedure string->number: Value out of range: 9739

is a scheme backtrace. It has nothing at all to do with the backend nor could it be emitted by a SQL server or SQLite3.

Regards,
John Ralls