[GNC] Change Printed Invoice

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Tue Feb 6 08:40:45 EST 2024

On 2/6/2024 2:42 AM, Lester Bennett wrote:
> Apparently Australian Tax Law requires an invoice over AU$1000 to be
> titled Tax Invoice. How can I change the  default first line of a
> printable invoice to read "Tax Invoice #"?
> At present I save to a pdf then edit it with a pdf editor but it would
> be simpler to have it read correctly from the start.

This is precisely why the lawyer/accountant on the board of one of the
organizations for which I was treasurer told me NOT to do that sort of
editing within gnucash. But instead to do exactly what you are doing.
Edit it afterwards when the full power of a general purpose editor was
available << even though in MY case as a retired IT pro, something I
could have done -- gnucash is open source >>

THINK about it. You want the ability to do this editing WITHIN gnucash.
Doesn't seem like a big deal, and for THIS particular example, not a big
deal. But consider ALL the possible differences that this or that
jurisdiction might require for any and all outputs going to that
jurisdiction. In other words, what would really be needed would be the
ability to edit just about everything from within gnucash. And that
would be a big deal, and a waste of time as excellent full power editors
already exist.

Michael D Novack

--
There is no possibility of social justice on a dead planet except the equality of the grave.