[GNC] Removing Scheduled Transaction From a Closed Year

David H hellvee at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 19:43:53 EST 2024

Correct, I'm aware of the preference and also have it checked on as it
saves me keystrokes :-)

What is the point of the preference?  Well obviously most times it's useful
and saves you having to run the "Since last run" process to create them
yourself.

But for the odd time that you don't want the Scheduled txns created,
granted rare, there's no way currently to say, no just this once please
don't create them.  I've been in this situation myself but can't remember
exactly why or what I screwed up at the time.

You can't change the existing preference to "No" until you've opened your
data file and by then the scheduled txns have already been created.
Thinking about it further I suppose you could fairly easily delete them
from the Created Txns tab if you also have the "Review created
transactions" preference checked on?

At the moment on startup there's no way to prevent the scheduled txns being
created if the preference is set to on, it just happens and is unstoppable.

Cheers David H.