[GNC] GnuCash getting worse?

David G. Pickett dgpickett at aol.com
Sat Jan 6 13:18:39 EST 2024

Being a Linux GNUCash personal finance user, not doing electronic imports of anything but stock prices, I have found it to be relatively stable using the flatpak updates, which are far more current than the apt updates.  More aggressive users, and those on other platforms, may have more problems.

Code changes are fraught with peril, as there are an infinite number of ways that code can malfunction, and very few ways it can function perfectly.  It reminds me of integral calculus that way  :D!

Does the GNUCash team use a TDD (Test Driven Development) methodology, where each bug first generates new tests to detect the bug, and then code to fix the test defect?  I like to say, "TDD means never having to twice say you are sorry."  Ever expanding test suites help reduce the possibility of introducing defects as the product matures.