[GNC] GNUCash Finance Quote Error with YahooWeb

Fross, Michael michael at fross.org
Mon Jan 8 19:20:42 EST 2024

Hello.  A few days ago I started to get the attached error when I attempted
to download quotes with GNUCash with YahooWeb as a source.

Running direct from the command line seems to work fine:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash\bin\gnucash-cli.exe" --verbose -Q dump
YahooWeb AAPL
aapl:
        high => 185.59
         low => 181.50
     success => 1
        date => 01/08/2024
        name => Apple Inc.
      method => yahooweb
        last => 185.56
    currency => USD
     isodate => 2024-01-08
      symbol => aapl
        open => 181.99
      volume => 58101744
    exchange => NasdaqGS - NasdaqGS Real Time Price

I'm using the latest gnucash version (v5.5), running on Windows 11Pro, and
have F:Q 1.59 installed, and I'm using YahooWeb as the source.

I have not heard anything about this on the list, so there is a good chance
it's me.  I have changed to other sources, and MarketWatch worked for most
of my symbols, but not all.  AlphaVantage also worked until it hit its
limit.  Seems like something with YahooWeb specifically.  I'd like to keep
using it as it seems fast and all of my symbols work with it.

Happy to help figure this out.  I'll take a look at the YahooWeb.pm file
tomorrow and see what I can find.

Michael