[GNC] Size of description column not shrinkable?

Stephen rilesthemtobelieve at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 15:30:45 EST 2024

In my limited experience it seems that the column widths are different
for each account in the .gcm file. There does not seem to be a "uniform"
account setting. Furthermore, the account names are not listed in the
.gcm file but can be found by saving the .gnucash file in XML format and
opening in a text editor (Notepad) and saving away from your data. BTW,
my .gnucash file needed to be saved as non-compressed (General tab in
Preferences) to then be savable as an XML.

A good description of this process can be found in the Archives [GNC]
GUID Register Codes at 12/29/2023 11:38 PM, by David Cousens.

It would be nice if GnuCash would allow for a uniform account column
width setting but IRL "things" aren't uniform.