[GNC] new accounts are omitted from reports

Stan Brown (using GC 4.14) stan+gc at fastmail.fm
Wed Jan 10 15:11:36 EST 2024

On 2024-01-10 11:17, Scott Ellsworth wrote:
> I have a strange problem now: When I create new income accounts, they
> are omitted in income statement reports, and the numbers in them are
> omitted from the totals.

Yes, that's how GC works. After you create new accounts, you need to go
open your saved report, go into Options » Accounts and update your
account selection, then click OK or Apply. Remember also to click Save
Config so that the saved report is updated.

It's a bit of a nuisance, and there was a fairly long discussion of it
on this list a year or so ago. Nobody could come up with a clear and
simple rule for GC to follow that wouldn't have bad results in some cases.

Stan Brown
Tehachapi, CA, USA
https://BrownMath.com