[GNC] Liability Balances - All payments disappeared

david whiting david.r.whiting at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 16:40:23 EST 2024

Also the database/XML file itself refers them as splits (i.e, each
transaction is made up of two or more splits), so if we start using
different terminology for what people on the frontend it could get
really confusing if we are trying to resolve a problem and have to
refer to what's in the data using one meaning for split and a
different meaning for the frontend.

David

On Thu, 18 Jan 2024 at 20:15, Adrien Monteleone
<adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> wrote:

> Yes, this is an example where it isn't just the terminology of users,
> but rather that the UI uses the term 'split' for two different meanings.
>
> I too have memo transactions with only one split and no value.
>
> Regards,
> Adrien
>
> On 1/18/24 1:45 PM, Stan Brown (using GC 4.14) wrote:
> > Don't forget, changing "split" to a "new term" would mean program
> > changes. When I click on a line within a transaction and then click the
> > delete icon, a popup asks whether I want to delete "the split". And that
> > happens whether there are two splits in the transaction or more than two.
> >
> > (It is of course possible to have a transaction that has but one split,
> > with amount equal to zero. I do it as a way of making a memo that isn't
> > tied to any financial transaction, for instance the number of miles I
> > drove for charity in a given month. GnuCash has no problem with that.)

David Whiting