[GNC] How do you record the rounding of your netpay?

Patrick James patrickjames14 at comcast.net
Sat Jan 27 18:31:56 EST 2024

In my view it's going to be very difficult to justify spending any time tracking a whole bunch of zeroes with a contra equity account. I would not even want to see that on the books, much less spend time every pay period adjusting the contra account balance to some new amount less than 1.

At the end, the final paycheck, I'm betting the final paycheck is also rounded up, so that over the entire life of employment, the maximum "extra" paid is under 1, with an expected value of around 0.50.

This is all just a bunch of zeros, and the cost to track it is less than the value of the information.