[GNC] List of gnucash packages available in flathub looks limited

Bruce Olson life0s_50 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 1 23:09:13 EDT 2024

On 7/1/24 09:56, Tommy Trussell wrote:

>  BY ANY CHANCE did you install the gnome SDK and the gnucash-dev
> package (so you could, for example, get stack traces)?
>
> I was having the same problem back in March when every time I updated
> the flatpak I was getting nagged about the runtime, and I was certain
> it wasn't being used in the current version of GnuCash. I can't
> remember now what all I had to do. I started with
>
> $ flatpak uninstall --unused

Facepalm  /_-

I have visited https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Flatpak but never read the
maintenance section in detail.  I just recently stopped using
gnome-software-plugin-flatpak and have been using the command line
primarily.

Based on the behavior I'm seeing in Xubuntu 22.04, I need to run the
following in sequence each time I want to update to the latest version
if I have previously downgraded.

$ flatpak uninstall org.gnucash.GnuCash
$ flatpak uninstall --unused
$ flatpak uninstall org.gnucash.GnuCash