[GNC] GnuCash for Apple Silicon Macs

Robert Zuccherato robert.zuccherato at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 13:46:21 EDT 2024

Hello,

I am sending this email because I am wondering about the status of
GnuCash compiled for Apple silicon Macs.  Currently, we just have
available for download binaries for Intel Macs.  They run fine on Apple
silicon Macs under Rosetta 2.  However, Apple is not going to support
Rosetta 2 forever.  At some point in the future, they will remove it in
an update to MacOS.  I understand that the reason binaries are not
available is that WebKitGtk crashes when built for Apple silicon.  It
appears that no progress has been made in fixing the WebKitGtk bug that
causes the crash.  Thus, what are the future plans for GnuCash on MacOS?
  When Apple removes Rosetta 2 will Mac users be left out in the cold?

Thanks,

	Robert Zuccherato.