[GNC] Credit card reconciliation - starting balance

Trevor Richards trlah at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 4 08:25:11 EDT 2024

Hi Derek,I set up this account based on a credit card statement as an arbitrary starting point Aug last year.The stmt showed 105.00 as balance BF so I created that as my opening balance (owed). It balances with an account called opening balances (I think as instructed by GNU)all the following monthly transactions match the CC stmts (purchases & monthly payments from my savings acc)The savings acc reconciles OKThe CC account always shows starting balance of 4,448.06 when I try to reconcile any month
The ledger matches the stmts.
your comments make no sense to me. I can press the reconcile button forcing any dates I like. I do realize that it is pointless reconciling prior to start dates but I'm just pointing out that 4,448.06 is always the starting balance... I know not from where