[GNC] GNU cash error - cannot retreive stock price

Fred Bone Fred at mandfb.me.uk
Fri Jun 21 05:47:30 EDT 2024

On 20 June 2024 at 17:48, Emilio Lopez said:

> Hello
>
> When I try to retreive the stocks price, I get this error message:
>
> [image: image.png]
>
> The translation from Spanish would be: error while retrieving the price:
> Finance Error: unknown quote.
>
> Looking into the file BVB.pm, this is the content referring to line 92:
>

> [image: image.png]
>
> Could you support me to fix this error? at the moment I cannot download
> the prices which is one of the best features of the software.

This appears to be a failure in attempting to parse an HTML page returned
by a query to a price server. As you haven't provided any information on
where the page came from, it's impossible to say for sure, but my guess
would be that the server has been reconfigured and the pages don't look
they way they used to. In that case you need to get the parsing code
rewritten to match the new page layout.