[GNC] Finance Quotes Yahoo off the rails again?

David G. Pickett dgpickett at aol.com
Tue Mar 26 14:35:30 EDT 2024

 Here is more info on the problem, as a publicly available Google drive URL to a plain text file: wget.txt

|  |
wget.txt

    On Tuesday, March 26, 2024 at 12:44:02 PM EDT, David G. Pickett <dgpickett at aol.com> wrote:

  Fred,
Sorry, but the mail handler makes trash out of carefully formatted and informative text.  I do not know why it hates the noble new line character?  I'd send attachments but they probably get removed, but maybe I can send Google Drive URLs to files?  On Ubuntu bugs, I can go to the web site and paste in stuff or attach, and then it is fine, but if I send by email, same trashing as here.
Hopefully some of the people on the to: and cc: lists get the untrashed original and find it informative.  I am just another victim of the unstable world of Finance Quotes and quote sites, hoping it gets improved before Friday.

I would be on 1.59 but apparently the wonderful, overworked, volunteer supporters have not updated the flatpak version of GnuCash to include it, which is how I got 1.58!
Best,
David