[GNC] Minor suggestion for gnucache-guide

Mike Rowe mrowe31 at gmail.com
Sun May 5 12:55:41 EDT 2024

Hi,

I'm very new to GNUCash. After importing QIF file from Quicken I was
struggling for several days trying to figure out why the Checking
Register didn't display the cents decimal (USD). Searched everywhere and
was surprised to find no answer. I finally tried
*/Accounts>>CHECKING>>[right click) Edit Account>>Smallest fraction/*.
After setting it to 1/100, the problem was resolved.

Although there is a Preference in Numbers, Date, Time that I would have
thought should correct the problem when set to 2 Decimal places, it did
not. This would be an ideal place to refer the new user to the "Smallest
fraction" setting.

In the  gnucache-guide documentation, when searching for "decimal" There
were 2 references to "decimal" but these did not relate to the account
registry preferences. In the guide, the reference to "Smallest fraction"
should also state the the decimal value of the account register could be
effected.

Thank you for what is apparent to be hard work.

MikeNH