[GNC] Unable to Refine Existing Search

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Wed May 15 12:07:02 EDT 2024

I vaguely recall asking for an enhancement a few years ago to show the
search criteria along with the results but I have forgotten whether that
was in Bugzilla or in that other place which I now cannot even remember the
name of.

On Wed, May 15, 2024 at 6:33 AM Patrick Skelton <patrickskelton at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If I do a *Find* in GnuCash using a handful of criteria, it does what I'd
> expect.
>
> If I then want to modify this existing *Find*, I cannot see how to do this.
> If I select the same operation again from the menu while the currently
> active tab contains my current find results, and then I click on either
> 'Refine current search' or 'Add results to current search', the original
> criteria I set are gone, so basically I am just doing a new search and have
> to enter all the criteria again.
>
> Is there a way to modify the search criteria already used or perhaps even
> save a set of criteria so they can be re-run.
>
> I realise what I am really wanting here is a custom report but I need it to
> contain only records containing a certain string and I can't see how to get
> the reporting to do this.
>
> Kind wishes - Patrick

David Carlson