[GNC] Manipulating data extracted from gnucash to Excel

Joseph Keithley joeyiii57 at gmail.com
Sun May 19 22:08:20 EDT 2024

If the whole left-click hold copy and drag doesn't work well, there is an
alternate method.  When you move the mouse cursor to the top left of the
tab, move the cursor slowly to the right until the mouse cursor changes
from an arrow to a line (assuming your PC set up is similar to mine) and
left-click the mouse. Then hold down the shift key (with a finger on the
hand that doesn't work the mouse).  Then, using either the "Page Up/Down"
keyss, the arrow keys, or by clicking and/or dragging the scroll bar,
navigate to the end of your desired data.  Release the shift key and then
left-click the end of you data.  All your data should be highlighted.
Right-click the mouse and then left-click on "Copy".

On Sun, May 19, 2024 at 8:35 PM David Long <davidvernonlong at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi
> I mean copy paste from a gnucash  report.
> Rgds
> David
>

> On Mon, 20 May 2024, 04:13 Joseph Keithley, <joeyiii57 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Not sure what you mean by "copy".  In the Windows version of GnuCash 5.5
>> you can export your accounts to a csv file.  You pick the account, the date
>> range, and the separator (usually a comma).  There is also an option to
>> either add double quotes or not.
>>
>> On Sun, May 19, 2024 at 12:41 PM David Long <davidvernonlong at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> When I copy data from Gnucash to Excel it arrives on text format along
>>> with
>>> the currency denomination, so I cannot then manipulate it in Excel.
>>> Is there anyway I can export data to Excel in data format?.
>>> Thanks
>>> David

--
iii