[GNC] Fw: Import error

Gyle McCollam gmccollam at live.com
Thu Jul 2 10:47:36 EDT 2026


This says it was rejected so I'm trying again.


Thank You,

Gyle McCollam

Gyle McCollam

gmccollam at live.com<mailto:gmccollam at gyleshomes.com>           email

________________________________
From: Gyle McCollam <gmccollam at live.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 2, 2026 10:44 AM
To: Murugan Mariappan <m.muruganandam at hotmail.com>; Gnucash Users <gnucash-user at gnucash.org>
Subject: Re: Import error

Thank You, David C. & Murugan.  I tried looking for a way to fix/delete, but I didn't find it until after I asked for help.  Since this was the 1st time I imported to this account, I mistakenly used the post to account of interest instead of the correct account, the asset account.  I did go into Tools->Import Map Editor and deleted the associated account for the import (Bayesian) and the posting account for the interest (online).  Next Month I hope I get the import correct.

Again, thanks for your help.


Thank You,

Gyle McCollam

Gyle McCollam

gmccollam at live.com<mailto:gmccollam at gyleshomes.com>           email

________________________________
From: Murugan Mariappan <m.muruganandam at hotmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 2, 2026 8:00 AM
To: Gyle McCollam <gmccollam at live.com>; Gnucash Users <gnucash-user at gnucash.org>
Subject: Re: Import error

I’m not sure if it’s possible to edit the mapping directly, but you can delete the existing mapping and allow the system to relearn it during your next run. You can see the option under Tools Import Map editor




Saludos Cordiales


Murugan

________________________________
From: gnucash-user <gnucash-user-bounces+m.muruganandam=hotmail.com at gnucash.org> on behalf of Gyle McCollam <gmccollam at live.com>
Sent: 01 July 2026 19:46
To: Gnucash Users <gnucash-user at gnucash.org>
Subject: [GNC] Import error

I was importing month-end transactions for a new account.  I thought I was at a different step in the import and I accidentally assign the wrong account for the import.  I manually fixed this month, but how do I correct the import "learned" information so that it doesn't go to the wrong account next month.


Thank You,

Gyle McCollam

Gyle McCollam

gmccollam at live.com<mailto:gmccollam at gyleshomes.com>           email
_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
gnucash-user at gnucash.org
To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.


More information about the gnucash-user mailing list